Sunday, November 01, 2009

November 1, 2009

It was quite a weekend around here. Pat was busy with cleaning up outside, gutters, leaves, etc. Then Sat. morning I noticed that Ali our 13 yr. old jack was not doing well at all. She had been shivering lately like she was cold and Sat. she got off the bed and gave a yelp, then couldn't put weight on her back leg. I thought maybe she had a stroke. It didn't get any better by late morning so we decided it was time. Pat took her to the vet and he said she was not going to get any better. She was very anemic and losing blood inside somewhere. Her blood count was very low. The decision was made. We both cried a lot but today we have come to the realization that it was the only and best thing to do. Hard but best. She was suffering. Our young jack, Brody must have known she wasn't well as he didn't bother her much lately. He also does not seem to be looking for her today.
On a happier note, we had Christmas with the Adams family today. Eric, Dave, Porter, Molly and Nora all came from Zanesville for dinner and gifts. Mert and Bill will be in Fla. for the holidays so we do this early. It was great to see everyone. Unfortunately Scott had to stay home to take care of Avery who has had the flu. Speaking of flu, I think Pat has a touch of it as well. He has not slept well this weekend (wonder why?? ) and today he was exhausted and sweating a lot. He came home and went to bed. Seems better tonight.
To those who have posted Halloween pics of your kids, I love them all! What cute, cute, kids they all are. Christy I also love the pic of your hubby. I laughed til I cried. I can't believe he actually went out like that...what a trooper. Bet he surprised the gang at the party. LOL. Maybe someday I will have some grandies to take pictures of to share. I hope so at least.....:)
Have a great week~November already...where does the time go???





1 comments:

Rachel B said...

so sorry about ali! :-(